RT-PCR Kit for Detecting COVID-19 Variants
The increasing diversity of virus variants underline the need to identify, trace and track mutations. Two new SARS-CoV-2 variants (lineage B.1.1.7 and B.1.351), commonly referred to as the UK and South African Variant, have raised special attention and are more alarming because of their concerning epidemiological features, characterized by higher infection rates and rapid replacement of prevalent virus lineages.
NovaType Kits are used for the qualitative detection of the UK and South African variants of the SARS-CoV-2 (Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2) virus, extracted from human respiratory specimen (e.g. pharynx gargle lavage, nasal wash/swab, nasopharyngeal wash/swab and oropharyngeal swab.
| Product Details
- Assay Design: Real-Time RT-PCR test for qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 S gene variants in codon 501 and 570 for identification of B.1.1.7 (UK) and 1.351 (South Africa) variants on previously positive tested PCR samples
- Kit Contents: RT-PCR Enzyme Mix, Primer-Probe-Mix, Extraction, and Positive Control
- Specimen types: nasal, nasopharyngeal, oropharyngeal, BAL, pharynx gargle
- 2-Steps workflow: RT-PCR diagnosis + positive samples run for lineage identification
- Sizes: 96 reactions
- For Research Use Only (RUO)
- *All kits ship on dry ice due to the temperature sensitivity of the master mix. If dry ice is not selected during checkout, it will be automatically added to ensure quality and reflected in later updates.